November 13, 2014
Addiction professionals in the Phoenix, Arizona, community and beyond came together on November 13th, 2014, to discuss family dynamics in addiction treatment. The event, produced by Addiction Professional, featured several panelists to provide their perspective:
- Mike Japenga, Community Services Clinician, Valley Hope
- Mike Gaziano, Family Program Coordinator and Family Therapist, Sierra Tucson
- Susan Warren, Outpatient Program Director, Tempe Valley Hope
The event was moderated by Doug Edwards with Addiction Professional. Each panelist shared unique insight on the challenges and opportunities faced in working with families. Click below to listen to podcasts.
- Mike Japenga discusses the importance of identifying and setting boundaries in the recovery process.
- Mike Gaziano states that ‘self-care’ is an essential component of the recovery process, for both the patient and family.
- Susan Warren discusses the struggles of helping families work through the pain of addiction.
The event was made possible through the support of Dominion Diagnostics, American Addiction Centers, Valley Hope Association, Sierra Tucson, and Dreamscape Marketing
This Addiction Professional panel event is made possible by our sponsors:
Series Thought Leadership Partner