Family Dynamics in Addiction Treatment
May 5, 2015
Addiction professionals in the Charlotte, NC community and beyond came together on May 5th to discuss Family Dynamics in Addiction Treatment. The event, produced by Addiction Professional, featured several panelists to provide their perspective:
- Adam Marion – Clinical Director, Black Bear Lodge (FRN)
- Kelly Scaggs - Clinical Director, Fellowship Hall
- Raymond Scott - Inpatient Program Manager, Willingway
- Mackie Johnson - Clinical Director, Anuvia Prevention and Recovery
The event was moderated by Megan Combs with Addiction Professional. Click below to listen to podcast.
- Adam Marion speaks on the importance of educating the family from the very beginning of the addiction recovery process. Click to Listen!
- Kelly Scaggs speaks on the significance impact that support and communication have on both the family and patient during the recovery process. Click to Listen!
- Raymond Scott discusses some of the most important things that families can do to help the patient maintain a successful recovery. Click to Listen!
- Mackie Johnson speaks on the importance of establishing a sense of hope within the family system to encourage participation and engagement. Click to Listen!
The event was made possible through the support of Dominion Diagnostics, Heroes in Recovery, American Addiction Centers, Willingway, Fellowship Hall, and Foundations Recovery Network.
We would also like to thank Dilworth Center for their promotional participation.
This Addiction Professional panel event is made possible by our sponsors:
Series Thought Leadership Partner