October 22, 2013 Baltimore, Maryland
Addiction professionals in the Baltimore, Maryland, community and beyond came together on October 22, 2013, to discuss building a recovery-oriented system of care (ROSC). The event, produced by Addiction Professional, featured three panelists to provide their insights on ROSC:
- Jeff Gary, PhD, Clinical Director of First Step of Maryland
- Lex Remillard, MSW, LCSW, Director of Clinical Services at Clarity Way
- Margaret Nagib, PsyD, a faculty member of the Timberline Knolls Clinical Development Institute
The event was moderated by Addiction Professional publisher Doug Edwards. Each panelist shared unique insight on the challenges and opportunities faced by building a ROSC. Click below to listen to podcasts.
- Dr. Gary noted that in a ROSC providers must do more than just share what community resources are available. Providers need to help their clients learn how to access these resources.
- Remillard pointed out that clinicians should focus on ROSC’s emphasis on person-centered care in helping clients become advocates for recovery (with additional comments from moderator and Addiction Professional publisher Doug Edwards).
- Dr. Nagib reiterated the importance of ROSC’s emphasis on person-centered care by reminding the audience of ROSC’s assumption that there is no wrong path to recovery.
- Each of the panelists shared how nonclinicians are an important part of treatment centers’ promotion of the ROSC model.
The event was made possible through the support of Dominion Diagnostics, Clarity Way, Timberline Knolls, and American Addiction Centers.
Series Thought Leadership Partner