May 27, 2014 St. Louis, Mo.
Left to right: Panelists George Smith, Dana Gardner, and Dick Dillon with moderator Doug Edwards.
Addiction professionals in the St. Louis, Missouri, community and beyond came together on May 27, 2014, to discuss building a recovery-oriented system of care. The event, produced by Addiction Professional, featured several panelists to provide their insights:
- Dick Dillon, Founder and CEO of Innovaision LLC
- George Smith, MA, LCPC, CSADC, Clinical Training Specialist at Chestnut Health Systems
- Dana Gardner, CRADC, MARS, Community Services Clinician at Valley Hope Association
The event was moderated by Addiction Professional Publisher Doug Edwards. Each panelist shared unique insight on the challenges and opportunities faced in building a recovery-oriented system of care. Click below to listen to podcasts.
- Dillon pointed out that the recovery-oriented system of care model is not new, but it takes time for science to translate into service.
- Gardner noted that clinicians have an obligation to help clients connect with community supports and services, regardless of their own biases.
- Smith shared a client story that emphasized the importance of focusing on client-centered, not addiction-centered, care.
The event was made possible through the support of Dominion Diagnostics, Chestnut Health Systems, Dreamscape Marketing, and Valley Hope Association.