Sept, 17, 2014 Houston, TX
Addiction professionals in the Houston, Texas, community and beyond came together on September 17th, 2014, to discuss building a recovery-oriented system of care (ROSC). The event, produced by Addiction Professional, featured several panelists who provided their insights on ROSC:
- Sally A. Siakel, Program Director, Progressive PHP of Seaside Healthcare
- Dr. Jason Powers, Chief Medical Officer for Promises-Austin & Right Step
- Jeff Johnson/Dustin Whitesell Clinical Director, Great Oaks Recovery
- Scott Kelley, LCDC, President at Summer Sky Treatment Center
The event was moderated by Gary Enos, Editor of Addiction Professional. Each panelist shared unique insights on the challenges and opportunities faced by building a ROSC. Click below to listen to podcasts.
- Sally Siakel discusses the shift from episodic care to a more recovery-oriented approach. She states that funding related to outcome measurements is one of the greatest challenges to overcome in the Addiction treatment field.
- Dr. Powers discuss how empowering the patients to continue a self-sustaining lifestyle is essential in avoiding relapse.
- Jeff Johnson talks about how focusing on the individual patient’s unique needs, is important for an organization to become more recovery-focused.
- Scott Kelley emphasizes the importance of gaining access to community systems in order for the patient to successfully continue along the recovery process.
The event was made possible through the support of Dominion Diagnostics, Solid Landings Behavioral Health, Progressive Health Center, RightStep/Elements Behavioral Health and Great Oaks Recovery Center [link to Web sites in text; include logos and link to Web sites)
This Addiction Professional panel event is made possible by our sponsors:
Series Thought Leadership Partner