May 28, 2014 Des Moines, Iowa
Left to right: Panelists Dr. David Kaptain, Dr. Charles V. Wadle, and Jason Haglund with moderator Doug Edwards.
Addiction professionals in the Des Moines, Iowa, community and beyond came together on May 28, 2014, to discuss building a recovery-oriented system of care. The event, produced by Addiction Professional, featured several panelists to provide their insights:
- David Kaptain, PhD, Manager of the Powell Chemical Dependency Center at Iowa Lutheran Hospital
- Jason Haglund, MS, CADC, Treatment Services Director at Youth & Shelter Services, Inc.
- Dr. Charles V. Wadle, DO, FAPA, Medical Director at St. Gregory Retreat Centers
The event was moderated by Addiction Professional Publisher Doug Edwards. Each panelist shared unique insight on the challenges and opportunities faced in building a recovery-oriented system of care. Click below to listen to podcasts.
- Haglund noted that care coordination is essential in building a recovery-oriented system of care.
- Dr. Wadle pointed out that effective care involves breaking down silos and reaching across professional disciplines.
- Dr. Kaptain explored how reimbursement systems hamper the development of recovery-oriented systems of care.
The event was made possible through the support of Dominion Diagnostics and St. Gregory Retreat Centers.
Series Thought Leadership Partner