The Federal government’s Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) has launched a free, new training and technical assistance program that is open to recovery community organizations interested in improving their business operations. Hands-on training experience will include:
- Strategic Business Planning
- Practice Management & Billing
- Third-Party Contract Negotiations
- Eligibility and Enrollment
- Meaningful Use of Health Information Technology (HIT)
A separate learning networkof addiction recovery community organizations (rcos) will be set up under BHbusiness to address the specific needs of rcos. Applications are due by February 4, 2013 and organizations will be notified by February 28, 2013. After applications have been reviewed, recovery community organizations will be grouped together.