Faces & Voices is partnering with A&E Network, National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc., the National Association of State Alcohol/Drug Abuse Directors, Community Alcohol-Drug Coalitions of America, and the 2010 Recovery Month Planning Partners in calling for nominees for the 2010 A&E Recovery Project Delegates from each of the 50 states and Washington, DC.
A&E Recovery project Delegates will serve as their home state's liaison to the Recovery Project, attending a National Recovery Month event on September 25, 2010. Delegates will also share their personal stories with the recovery community through TheRecoveryProject.com and on the official Recovery Project Facebook fan page throughout the year.
As a Recovery Project Delegate you will be integrated into a major National Recovery Month celebration taking place on September 25, 2010, sharing your stories with others in attendance, including local and national media. All Delegates with receive complimentary transportation to/from the host city and hotel accommodations from September 24-26, 2010.
To qualify as a delegate from your state, you must:
* Be at least 18 years of age
* Reside in a city near a major airport/hub (or be willing to travel to a major hub)
* Have been in recovery for at least 10 years
* Be very active in the promotion of addiction awareness locally or nationally
* Be willing to travel for September 24-26, 2010
* Provide a personal biography highlighting your road to recovery
* Be willing to share your r story of recovery with the media
* Provide a digital headshot for media purposes, if selected
* Share your story and provide periodic digital (e.g. email and/or photo) updates on recovery for online purposes
* List 2 references.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 28, 2010