To my Alumni Services Colleagues......
Those of us involved in Alumni Services are always looking for new ways to engage our clients and support them in their recovery. Below is a list of websites and apps that I suggest to the Alumni with whom I work at CeDAR. I'd like to share this with my colleagues from TPAS: Treatment Professionals in Alumni Services and ask for more suggestions. Please send your ideas to email@example.com. I'll keep expanding the list and add it to the TPAS website (currently under construction). Soon, the TPAS website will include a wealth of information that will support our efforts to show our Alumni just how interesting, engaging and fun recovery can be.
Entertainment and News Websites
· Rockers in Recovery: www.rockersinrecovery.com. Dedicated to music, news, interviews, events, and festivals taking place within the clean and sober community. “Rockers in Recovery Magazine” and online publication also available quarterly.
· Renew: www.reneweveryday.com. Providing relevant and engaging information and resources to help people in recovery stay connected and encourage them to create and embrace a healthy lifestyle as they recover in the real world. “Renew Magazine” is written by health and recovery experts and those who daily face the challenges of real-world recovery.
· The Fix: www.thefix.com. The Fix(addiction and recovery straight up) is an upbeat website about addiction and recovery, featuring a daily mix of news, investigative reports, celebrity interviews, and articles on health, science and sober living—written by some of the most respected writers in the country. Free Helpline and newsletter is available.
· Travel Sober: www.travelsober.com. Travel planning for the sober community: cruises, safaris, and more all-inclusive vacations. Budget and luxury experiences. Since 1988.
· Sober Vacations International: www.sobervacations.com. Sober club med, exotic locales and more. Since 1987.
Apps for Phones and Tablets
· Mobile More Field Guide to Life: A interactive support tool designed by Hazleden to engage individual in a full year of addiction support. Key features include: daily guidance and inspiration, weekly sober challenges, sobriety counter, personal progress tracker, community support system, 12 step meeting finder, relapse prevention tools. $6.99 for the 1st program: The Basics. The next 2 apps may then be purchased within The Basics app.
· In the Rooms: Safe and secure network of people in recovery. Social network includes almost 200,000 members. Create a profile and connect and keep track of friends, join online discussion groups, use the phone’s GPS to find the closest AA, NA, OA and GA meetings anywhere in the world. Free
· Twenty Four Hours a Day: Hazelden’s classic daily meditation book. $4.99.