The first annual National Conference on Addiction Disorders (NCAD) will be held in Washington, D.C., September 8-11, 2010, at the Hyatt Regency – Crystal City, Virginia. Every five years, NAADAC offers advocacy training and special events at the Annual Conference. There will be advocacy trainings offered at this year’s NCAD and an opportunity for participants to visit their members of Congress. An updated agenda is below.
• Wednesday September 8, 2010
- Training (2:00 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.) – Topics include: Update on Health Care Reform and Block Grant funding, How to get on a Managed Care Organization, Health Information Technology and effect on addiction treatment, Confidentiality FAQs. The training will also include a brief introduction to effective advocacy, including how to communicate with legislators and their staff.
- PAC Silent Auction Tables – NAADAC Booths –Exhibit Hall (5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.)
• Thursday September 9, 2010
- Briefing on the Hill (9:30 a.m. – 11:00am), 2162 Rayburn House Office Building (Gold Room) – Several Members of Congress and their staff, as well as Administration officials have been invited to speak on the recently passed Health Care Reform legislation and its implications for the substance abuse profession
- Visits on Capitol Hill
- Hill Visit De-briefing (3:00 p.m - 5:00 p.m.)
- PAC Auction (6:00 p.m.- 8:30 p.m.)
For more information on the 2010 NACAD, please visit: http://www.ncad10.com/ME2/Sites/Default.asp?SiteID=A53C336637E4447680C388F25D16C053.