October 30, 2014
Addiction professionals in the Baltimore, Maryland, community and beyond came together on October 30, 2014, to discuss family dynamics in addiction treatment. The event, produced by Addiction Professional, featured several panelists to provide their perspective:
- Kristine M. Hitchens, Director of Family Programs at the Father Martin’s Ashley
- Joseph A. Troncale, Medical Director, Retreat of Lancaster
- Melanie Storrusten, Director, Foundations Atlanta at Midtown
- Courtney Wunderlich, Social Worker at Silver Oak Academy
The event was moderated by Charlene Marietti with Addiction Professional. Each panelist shared unique insight on the challenges and opportunities faced in working with families. Click below to listen to podcasts.
- Kristine Hitchens discusses the importance of group therapy and the positive impact it has on the recovery process.
- Joseph Troncale states that cognitive therapy works for both the family as well as the individual patient.
- Melanie Storrusten discusses the importance of educating the family in order to evoke healthy participation in the recovery process.
- Courtney Wunderlich discusses the challenges faced when engaging the family in the recovery process.
The event was made possible through the support of Dominion Diagnostics, Father Martin's Ashley, American Addiction Centers, Retreat at Lancaster County and Foundations Recovery Network.
Series Thought Leadership Partner