May 15, 2014 San Jose, Calif.
Left to right: Panelists Dr. Jes Montgomery, Dr. Krista Gilbert, Pamela Alba, and Jennifer Golick with moderator Doug Edwards.
Addiction professionals in the San Jose, California, community and beyond came together on May 15, 2014, to discuss building a recovery-oriented system of care (ROSC). The event, produced by Addiction Professional, featured several panelists who provided their insights on ROSC:
- Pamela Alba, MA, Senior Director of Clinical Services at Bayside Marin and Azure Acres
- Krista Gilbert, PhD, CEO of Michael's House Treatment Center
- Jennifer Golick, LMFT, Clinical Director of Muir Wood Adolescent and Family Services
- Jes Montgomery, MD, Psychiatric Director of the Gratitude Program at Pine Grove Behavioral Health
The event was moderated by Addiction Professional publisher Doug Edwards. Each panelist shared unique insight on the challenges and opportunities faced by building a ROSC. Click below to listen to podcasts from this event.
- Golick advised attendees to view themselves as part of a constellation of care providers to broaden their patient care perspective.
- Dr. Gilbert noted that addressing professional ego and overcoming a “superhero” mentality is important in recognizing one’s role in a system of care.
- Dr. Montgomery admitted that psychiatrists face stigma in the treatment system, but building a two-way street of communication is vital to ensuring patient success.
- Alba pointed out that there are many supports available for people in recovery, and help is available to assist clinicians with creatively designing care and aftercare plans.
The event was made possible through the support of Dominion Diagnostics, Bayside Marin, Foundations Recovery Network, and the Gratitude Program at Pine Grove Behavioral Health.
Series Thought Leadership Partner