Earn continuing education credits by taking this quiz on the article that begins on page 18 of this issue. A grade of 70% or above will earn you a certificate of completion for two nationally certified continuing education hours. This is an open-book quiz. After reading the article, complete the quiz by circling one of the three multiple-choice answers for each question. Please give only one response per question. Incomplete answers will be marked as incorrect. Send a photocopy of the page along with your payment of $35 (NAADAC members) or $50 (nonmembers). Please complete fully the information section below; print clearly.
1. This percentage of all traffic fatalities in the United States is linked to alcohol-impaired driving.
a. 20 percent
b. 40 percent
c. 60 percent
2. A national survey of states’ DUI evaluation processes found this total number of evaluation instruments in use in the respondent states.
3. The state of Illinois’ Risk Reduction Work Group concluded that this DUI evaluation instrument met the highest number of qualities of an ideal evaluation instrument.
a. The Mortimer-Filkins test
b. The Adult Substance Use and Driving Survey
c. The Driver Risk Inventory-II
4. Which of these areas was
not incorporated into the state of Illinois’ selected evaluation instrument to make it more relevant to the issues stakeholders wanted to measure?
a. Family history of substance use
b. Illegal drug use
c. Criminal history
5. Hard-core drinking drivers are those drivers who despite sanctions continue to drive at least once a month with a blood alcohol concentration of at least this amount.
6. Pilot study data collected in Illinois identified this age range as the peak period for repeat DUI offenses.
7. Research reviews have found this typical alcohol treatment experience for DUI recidivists.
a. Early dropout from treatment
b. No prior exposure to treatment
c. Successful treatment completion followed by relapse
8. Which weekday appears to show a deviation from the trend of most repeat DUI arrests occurring on a weekday?
9. Research has shown that this percentage of multiple DUI offenders has a history of crimes against other persons.
a. 20 percent
b. 30 percent
c. 40 percent
10. Research has found that prior medical treatment for DUI recidivists often results from this cause.
a. Cardiac events
b. Injury to self from risk-taking behavior
c. Violent acts toward others